Change a life, 1 Concert at a Time!
Do you remember your first concert? Depending on your generation & music style, it could have been Tom Petty, Foo Fighters or Drake. I’ll bet you can recall every detail, who you were with, the venue, smells, the songs played and how you felt when you left. Now think about all of that, only you are at a Christian music concert. Now what else do you “feel” after hearing Toby Mac, Crowder or Skillet? Lifted up? Loved? Your spiritual cup runneth over? Ready to overcome anything? These are the memories you will help to create for thousands of K-LOVE & Air1 listeners as you engage at concerts, festivals, local community events & even 1 on 1.
The Lead Events Team Representative (LETR) is responsible for listener growth through promotions within their local market. The LETR will lead an office in partnership with Events Team Representatives (ETR) to create strong relationships within their community; expose the radio station to people who have never heard K-LOVE and Air1; and deepen listener’s experience through service opportunities, ministry outreach, events and concerts within 3 hours of the local office. Success will be measured by increased listenership, web site visits, donations, social media participation, listener attendance at events and involvement in ministry outreach. This role requires previous leadership experience with a direct report. In addition, this is a very physical job, with weekends and evenings being the norm.
We would LOVE to hear from you if you have successfully met the following objectives in the past:
- Proven success growing a media market (or similar industry) via listenership, web site visits, social media participation, listener attendance at events and involvement in ministry outreach
- Effectively led at least 1 or more people (direct reports); leadership certifications a plus
- Created, managed and executed innovative campaigns or events, exceeding goals set
- Excellent connector and relationship builder within your community
The office is located in Pasadena, CA. EMF is headquartered in Rocklin, CA.
Here's a bit more of what you might be doing:
- Provide leadership and day-to-day management for Events Team Representative (ER). Develop local promotion strategies and initiatives. Recruit, train, mentor, coach and develop ER; conduct performance evaluations.
- Responsible for strategic listener building efforts, listener experience and impact in the community through live events, promotional efforts, compassion projects, and strong community relationships.
- Foster a team environment with Donor Engagement, Public Affairs and other EMF Departments.
- Communicate clear vision, goals and expectations that align with Events Team Initiatives.
- Ensure brand consistency and standard operational procedures in the office.
- Develop and build relationships within the community that result in promotional partnerships that align with/grow target market.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing calendar of events that help to increase listenership, deepen listener experience with K-LOVE and Air1, and increase community impact, meeting local and national goals.
- Plan, develop, participate in, and evaluate local promotional events. Proactively stay informed of and participate in, community, church, and major city events. Strategically and creatively evaluate and plan participation for the strongest impact. Schedule and staff all events, ensuring consistency and excellence in “our message” and brand presentation.
- Proactively suggest and create innovative ways to reach potential listeners and spotlight the K-LOVE and Air1 heart, brand and frequency, including dot com.
- Work with local promoters and ministries to promote events that are consistent with the format and audience for K-LOVE and Air 1. Promote EMF stations at these events through displays, stage presence, and other creative options. When a promotional package is purchased ensure emcee stage time, prime booth location, banner set up, jumbo-tron exposure, etc. are secured from the promotional partner.
- Develop a team of approved volunteers to partner and positively represent K-LOVE and Air1 to assist with promotional activities at events and concerts.
- Ensure display booths are set up per the standard featuring promotional items like window decals, pamphlets, pens, and other K-LOVE or Air1 merchandise.
- Update “Concert/Event” page on EMF Websites. Educate and train event planners with entering data directly onto the K-LOVE and/or Air1 websites.
- Position requires some local travel.
- Serve as a local operational resource listening to local EMF stations in your market daily and serving as local “eyes and ears” for EMF, informing headquarters of any local problems or issues.
- Serve on Events Team Projects as requested by either SER or National Director of Events.
And last, here's some background and experience you might have that would help for this role:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing, promotions, brand management, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the local market.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop sincere business/ministry relationships.
- Prior experience in a leadership/supervisory role with a minimum of 1 direct report.
- Strong knowledge of radio promotional and marketing techniques and best practices.
Additional info about this position...
- This is a very physical position. Our LETR's can be on their feet all for a number of hours and regularly lift and transport heavy booths & equipment. You must be able to meet this requirement.
- Must have a valid drivers license & reliable transportation; background check will be conducted.