As our Board Operator, you are responsible for maintaining quality on-air levels and flow of programs as well as reacting efficiently in the case of automation failure. You have an important responsibility of monitoring our systems to make sure that everything you hear on air, gets played on time, smoothly and without any glitches. You also answer the studio phone lines. Are you super reliable, dependable and someone who realizes this is about the listener’s experience and the tremendous effect you can have on their lives? If so, read on……
This is an on-site position based at our headquarters in Rocklin, CA. Local candidates will be considered.
What you will be doing
- Monitor and adjust the Sound Board, Zetta systems, while they are in automation if abnormalities occur.
- Keep the Automation systems on time as it relates to top of the hour, breaks and running of ID’s.
- Maintain on-air programming in the event of Zetta system failure.
- Answer the studio phone lines, responding to listeners’ questions (minimal).
- Load voice tracks; enter the top of the hour hooks, newscast and news bites.
- Run the studio board for newscast with a live news person.
- Maintain a clean and safe studio by dusting and wiping down counters and equipment as needed.
Background or Experience needed
- Knowledge of equipment used for sound/audio or production of on-air material helpful.
- Radio production background is a plus.
- Proven ability to deal with multiple, simultaneous problems in a systematic, logical manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- History of dedication, reliability, dependability, team contributor and are a quick learner.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work a variety of shift hours (primarily evening and weekends).
Why work for us?
- Purposeful career, you can make a positive change in our listeners' lives
- Fun, ministry-focused environment
- Career advancement and growth in spiritual, personal, and professional development
- Creativity; We welcome new ideas and originality
- Collaboration; We believe two minds are better than one
- Prayer; We have the privilege to pray for our listeners daily
- You Matter! We care about you as a person
- Values! Our values align with yours
A few more things to think about:
There are times during your shift that can be very quiet and lonely. It can be difficult managing an overnight shift so being self-motivated and curious can work well. You can study, read, do research, write a song or create content for your blog, however you must remain alert and ready to respond should the music need you. So, as you can see, it's not for everybody, but if you feel this works for your life right now, then we look forward to speaking with you.