Events Representative K-LOVE/Air1 Denver
Change a life, 1 Event at a Time!
Do you remember your first concert? Depending on your generation & music style, it could have been Tom Petty, Foo Fighters or Drake. I’ll bet you can recall every detail, who you were with, the venue, smells, the songs played and how you felt when you left. Now think about all of that, only you are at a Christian music concert. Now what else do you “feel” after hearing Toby Mac, Crowder or Skillet? Lifted up? Loved? Your spiritual cup runneth over? Ready to overcome anything? These are the memories you will help to create for thousands of K-LOVE & Air1 listeners as you engage at concerts, festivals, local community events & even 1 on 1. Check out our Day in the Life video.
You will work closely with the Lead to create strong relationships within your community; expose the radio station to people who have never heard K-LOVE and Air1; and deepen listener’s experience through service opportunities, ministry outreach, events and concerts within 3 hours of the local office. Success will be measured by increased listenership, web site visits, donations, social media participation, listener attendance at events and involvement in ministry outreach. In addition, this is a very physical job, with weekends and evenings being common.
We would LOVE to hear from you if you have successfully met the following objectives in the past:
- Proven success growing a media market (or similar industry) via listenership, web site visits, social media participation, listener attendance at events or involvement in ministry outreach
- Created, managed and executed innovative campaigns or events, exceeding goals set
- Excellent connector and relationship builder within your community
- Consistently meet and even exceed KPIs or goals set by your manager or organization within the scope of your position
What kind of benefits do we offer?
We have excellent benefits; medical/dental/vision, matching 401K and a generous vacation/holiday package. This is a professional position with advancement opportunities into leadership.
The office is located in Lakewood, CO. EMF is headquartered in Rocklin, CA.
Here's some of what you will be doing:
- Develop and build relationships within the community that result in promotional partnerships that align with and grow our target market.
- Plan, develop, participate in, and evaluate local promotional events. Proactively stay informed of and participate in, community, church, and major city events. Strategically and creatively evaluate and plan participation for the strongest impact.
- Proactively suggest and create new and innovative ways to reach potential listeners and spotlight K-LOVE and Air 1. Examples of these may be event sponsorships, speaking engagements, arrangement of testimonials, concert in the park, unique places to give away window decals, contest cards, pens, etc.
- Work with local promoters and ministries to promote events that are consistent with the format and audience for K-LOVE and Air 1. Look for ways to promote EMF stations at these events through displays, stage presence, and other creative options.
- Partner with Brand Managers ensuring consistency and integrity of brand communication and events that may have a national tie-in and/or involve national organizations (record companies, large ministries), etc.
- Help to schedule and staff all EMF booth activities. Develop a team of approved volunteers to partner in positively represent K-LOVE and Air 1 and assist you with promotional activities at appropriate events and concerts. Ensure logistics of events are set up in terms of booth displays, bins of promotional items (bumper stickers, pamphlets, contest entry cares, pens, and other K-LOVE or Air 1 merchandise).
- Collaborate with other EMF Regional Departments like Donor Engagement (DE). When appropriate share potential promotional partner/donor information including details about discussions and relationships. When called upon participate in DE events serving as local representation for DE in greeting and “caring for” major and principal donors at events such as concerts.
- Update “Concert/Event” page on EMF Websites. Educate listeners on how to enter the data directly onto the K-LOVE and/or Air 1 websites.
- Requires some local travel in order to participate in local events.
And last, here's some background and experience you might have that would help for this role:
- Strong knowledge of radio promotional and marketing techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop sincere business/ministry relationships.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; confident, self-managed, eager, transparent.
- Solid computer skills - MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel), ability to learn new systems quickly.
- And most importantly, you need to have a sincere passion & enthusiasm for the ministry of K-LOVE & Air1 and "get" what we are all about.
- BS/BA degree in marketing, broadcasting, mass communications, public relations, or equivalent.
Additional info about this position...
- This is a very physical position. Our ETR's can be on their feet all for a number of hours and regularly lift and transport heavy booths & equipment. You must be able to meet this requirement.
- Must have a valid drivers license & reliable transportation; background check will be conducted.