New Opportunity for a Promotions Manager, Brooklyn, NY, due to expansion in National Markets!
You may have heard, we've been growing, yet again. God continues to expand our ministry and this time in the city that never sleeps. Our Lead Events Team Manager will be responsible for leading our existing office in Yonkers and opening our new office in Brooklyn.
You will have strategic oversight for both offices, creating partnerships with large organizations and coaching/mentoring our team members. Success will be measured in audience reach, building partnerships and leadership of your team.
Experience we are looking for:
- Proven success growing a media market (or similar industry) via listenership, web site visits, social media participation, listener attendance at events and involvement in ministry outreach.
- Visionary, strategic, posses industry knowledge, well networked in the community.
- Effectively led at least 5 or more people (direct reports); leadership certifications a plus.
- Created, managed and executed innovative campaigns or events, exceeding goals set.
- Excellent connector and relationship builder within your community and internal EMF members.
- Assertive, Goal-oriented, exceeds expectations, over-achiever, "doesn't give-up" attitude!
The office is located in Brooklyn, NY. EMF is headquartered in Rocklin, CA.
Here's a bit more of what you might be doing:
- Provide leadership and day-to-day management for Events Team Representatives and Leads for 2 offices.
- Develop market promotion strategies and initiatives. Recruit, train, mentor, coach and develop your team; conduct performance evaluations.
- Responsible for strategic listener building efforts, listener experience and impact in the community through live events, promotional efforts, compassion projects, and strong community relationships.
- Foster a team environment with Donor Engagement, Public Affairs and other EMF Departments.
- Communicate clear vision, goals and expectations that align with Events Team Initiatives.
- Ensure brand consistency and standard operational procedures in the office.
- Develop and build relationships within the community that result in promotional partnerships that align with/grow target market.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing calendar of events that help to increase listenership, deepen listener experience with K-LOVE and Air1, and increase community impact, meeting local and national goals.
- Proactively stay informed of and participate in, community, church, and major city events. Strategically and creatively evaluate and plan participation for the strongest impact. Ensure consistency and excellence in “our message” and brand presentation.
- Work with local promoters and ministries to promote events that are consistent with the format and audience for K-LOVE and Air 1.
- Serve on Events Team Projects as requested.
And last, here's some background and experience you might have that would help for this role:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Events, Promotions, Broadcast/Media Management.
- Knowledge of the local market.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experienced leader and motivator.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop sincere business/ministry relationships.
- Strong knowledge of radio promotional and marketing techniques and best practices.
This opportunity is in Brooklyn, with occasional travel to Yonkers and surrounding areas. We offer excellent compensation and a rich benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous paid vacation, sick and holiday. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, meaningful work relationships and more.