The Senior Tax Analyst is a leading contributor within the tax department. This position partners with our Sr. Tax Manager and the Tax team and utilizes their knowledge of Federal, State and Local Tax laws to accurately and timely file all aspects of the company’s tax issues including but not limited to personal and real estate property tax filings, sales tax, Form 990 planning and process improvements. This position is responsible for proactively researching and resolving tax issues, troubleshooting valuation issues with local government agencies, and implementing best practices to ensure compliance and a reduction in costs and operational consequences.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Provide timely and accurate sales and personal property tax filings for states assigned and maintain a tax file for each site/state as needed.
- Proactively obtain and file business licenses in cities/counties with this requirement.
- Experience in for-profit entities while working in a non-profit environment.
- Act as coordinator of the financial information from internal finance departments to outside auditors in preparation of Form 990 and other tax reports as assigned.
- Maintain an active relationship with the Fixed Asset Accountant and Engineering Department.
- Insure timely and accurate fixed asset information necessary for property reporting.
- Resolve any discrepancies between asset listings and the standard asset schedule for a station or translator by requesting site inventories and explanations from the Engineering Department.
- Maintain knowledge of each site through the review of lease and acquisition documents.
- Determine accurate reporting jurisdictions by tying down the exact location for each site. Specifically, verify site locations in Accounting and Property Tax Management Systems with leasing databases, assuring the sites listed are correctly, reported in the appropriate tax jurisdiction and that we have captured and reported on all appropriate locations.
- Research and resolve tax issues that arise. Proactively communicate issues with Sr. Tax Manager.
- Plan strategies to streamline procedures thereby increasing efficiency during the tax return filing season.
- Be a prime source of strategic information concerning current property values and details.
Background and qualifications needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance from a college or university or equivalent experience; CPA a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in tax analysis and reporting in a multi-state environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Federal, State, and Local tax laws and regulations and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop sincere business/ministry relationships.
- Prepare and timely file sales, personal and real property tax statements.
- Proven analytical skills with experience applying financial models and methodology to strategic initiatives, analysis and management.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), MapInfo, Google Earth Pro, RadioSoft, and analytics tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; establishing and meeting performance/ministry goals.
- Exhibits versatility and flexibility. Regularly adapts to change while maintaining a positive attitude and high productivity.
- Demonstrated ability to represent ministry and executive staff professionally and maintain confidentiality.
This opportunity is in Rocklin, CA, on-site at HQ. We offer a rich compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous paid vacation, sick and holiday. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.