This is a brand new position for EMF. Primarily a decentralized function within our departments, our desire is to centralize our purchasing to find cost-effective agreements and suppliers, cut expenses, and free up resources for other ministry purposes.
As our Procurement Manager, you will oversee planning and strategic implementation of goals for procurement, with a focus on department goals, timelines, budgets, communication, results tracking and celebration. Assess department performance against both annual goals and plans. Provide strategic recommendations based on operational analysis, research, and projections, cost identification and allocation, and resource analysis. Ensure tools and systems are in place to provide critical operational and project information to leadership and others and make actionable recommendations on both strategic goals and operational constraints. Provide leadership for the procurement function and procurement team, ensuring ministry wide collaboration and communication, facilitating appropriate resolution of issues and competing priorities. Ensure alignment of procurement initiatives with ministry objectives.
Day to day
- Manages all purchasing activities and establishes strategic purchasing processes and procedures. Devise and implement effective sourcing and procurement strategies.
- Build effective and efficient relationships with suppliers with the intent on a long-term, mutually beneficial relationship.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors to secure advantageous terms. Help to control spending and building a culture of long-term savings related to procurement.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services. Finalize details of purchase orders and deliveries.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing contracts, and work with Legal and appropriate department head(s) to improve contracts as appropriate.
- Evaluates and analyzes purchasing trend and price trend to identify forecasting demand and minimize purchasing costs. Track and report key functional metrics related to improvements in Procurement’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure clarity of expectations and specifications.
- Be aware of industry trends that could impact suppliers and/or their relationship with EMF.
- Plan for unfavorable events through evaluation of EMF, vendor, and industry conditions.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
Here's what we need from you
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Procurement at a mid-large sized organization (over 400 employees).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Procurement Management/Leadership as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer, or Head of procurement.
- Possess a knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Demonstrated abilities in negotiation and networking.
- Understanding of the technical and operational needs of radio or television, preferred.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party procurement management software.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with strong service mentality. Need to be seen as a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop sincere business/ministry relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the social sector with a passion for our mission and values.
This opportunity is in Rocklin, CA, on-site at HQ. This position is exempt and we offer a rich benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous paid vacation, sick and holiday. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, free access to LinkedIn Learning platform, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.