Change a life, 1 Event at a Time!
Our Events Team Representative (ETR) is responsible for promoting & positively representing K-LOVE and Air1 within their local community. Our ETR's develop strong relationships & a "presence" within their local communities to increase ministry visibility and brand recognition, resulting in increased listeners, and deeper relationships.
A day in the life.......
OK, there's not a typical day in the life of an ETR, however it could look something like...wake up and thank God for this day and the opportunities to change lives. You might need a cup of coffee for that, so go ahead, enjoy. Jump in your car and turn on K-LOVE! Now you’re ready to hit the ground running. Say "good morning" to your fellow co-worker, then check e-mails, submit giveaway orders, plan local social media strategy for the weeks ahead, and connect with community/church leaders, event directors, and promoters to discuss partnerships and on-site presence. Then take a 15-minute break and pray for our listeners who have sent in prayer requests. Take time to coordinate and check details for your next event, write copy for an on-air giveaway, meet with your lead to plan and brainstorm ideas. Lunch time already? Go re-fuel, cause you’re going to need it for your afternoon promotion downtown. Jump in the K-LOVE car and meet your volunteers to spread the word and the music. Fast forward a few hours, wow, that was amazing! It's late, you're physically tired, but there's an energy buzzing inside of you from all those incredible listener stories! You know you're making an impact. Today was a blessed day and on your way home you can't wait to do it all over again tomorrow.
Event Team Representative Indianapolis, IN
The Events Team Representative (ETR) helps promote the K-LOVE and Air1 radio networks to the local community.
- ETR’s are responsible for all office administrative information.
- ETR’s are responsible for running contests on-air and through a local text club for an average 1-2 concerts and 3 to 4 community events every month. Responsibilities include entering spots on-air, creating the text contest, selecting winners, and contacting them with details about the event. You will also work directly with show promoters for onsite specifics.
- Responsible for utilizing and completing a detailed check-list for each event to keep track of multiple events running at the same time.
- Responsible for maintaining the local Instagram account.
- Responsible for being out in the community by going to events where our listeners will be. This includes events hosted by churches, non-profits, etc. and can be either outdoors or indoors. At these events ETR’s manage volunteers and engage with listeners for various enter-to-win giveaways and engagements to encourage potential listeners to the booth to share about the ministry.
So here's the nuts and bolts of what we are looking for...
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in promotions, marketing, events, brand management within radio, media or the music industry or non-profit organizations.
- Strong knowledge of promotional and marketing techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop sincere business/ministry relationships.
- Go-getter, goal oriented and thrives off of friendly competition.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills. Experience and skill creating a contagious enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a contributing part of a team. Ability to handle a very fast-paced & rigorous work schedule.
- Solid computer skills - MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel) & Social Media platforms.
- And most importantly, you need to have a sincere passion & enthusiasm for the ministry of K-LOVE & Air1 and "get" what we are all about.
- BS/BA degree in marketing, broadcasting, mass communications, public relations, or equivalent.
- Candidates living in the greater Indy area encouraged to apply.
Additional info about this position...
- This can be a very physical position. There are times when our ETR's are on their feet all day. They regularly lift and transport heavy booths & equipment. Candidates must be able to meet this requirement.
- This position regularly travels to events within their region (and sometimes outside their region). Therefore we require a valid driver’s license & reliable transportation.
- Understanding the local market is crucial, so candidates currently residing in the area are highly encouraged to apply.
- More than 40 hours/week is the norm in promotions. Working evenings, weekends & holidays are a regular occurrence/schedule.
- On average, 25% travel can be expected. This is a non-exempt position.
The type of traits needed for the ETR position specifically:
- Someone who is great with details and spinning lots of plates at once.
- The person who loves to EXECUTE TASKS!
- Laughs, has fun, enjoys life.
- While there is some creativity involved, and we want you to bring your ideas, you will be most comfortable if you strive in a structured and well defined culture.
This opportunity is in the Indy market with our headquarters in Rocklin, CA. We offer $19.50-20.00/hour and a rich benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous paid vacation, sick and holiday. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, meaningful work relationships and more.