Our Donor Engagement team impacts millions of people in all cities across the country through their efforts in building meaningful and authentic relationships with our valued mid-level Donors. Our Donors invest in strategic ministry priorities such as expansion projects, acquisitions, pledge drive success campaigns and impactful programs.
Imagine being part of a team that directly changes lives! You will see it in the work you do daily!
How will you be contributing?
You will manage and build strong ministry related relationships with an existing portfolio of 250-350 of EMF’s mid-level donors (giving of $3,000 to $24,999) in your region to include annual invitations of donors, care of those donors, keeping those donors informed of their impact of their gifts, and helping donors fulfill their passions and interests in EMF’s ministry.
We are looking for individuals with experience in inviting and generating at least $800,000 in annual charitable gift contributions including financial and planned gift to advance EMF ministries.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Participate in all aspects of the donor engagement cycle.
- Qualify regional donors identified by Prospect Management that are capable of making gifts of $3,000 to $24,999 to advance the ministry.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for each of the 250 to 350 assigned portfolio donors.
- Invite each donor to start, renew or upgrade their annual commitment to the ministry based on a strategic calendar.
- Provide active stewardship to those donors, keeping them apprised of ministry activities, the impact of their gifts, and opportunities to engage in ministry activities to more fully engage those donors in the ministry of EMF and spreading the word and love of Christ.
- Identify opportunity to move donors into major gift solicitation as donor interests and passions indicate.
- Make at least 2 personal telephone contacts with each donor in the assigned portfolio each year if possible.
- Identify opportunities and ask donors to consider planned gifts to support the long-term success of EMF’s ministry.
- Periodically participate in regional and national events that include assigned portfolio donors.
- Work with the Donor Events Specialist to strategize local events that facilitate stewardship of donors, allow identification of new major gift prospects, and bring current donors into closer relationship with the organization.
- Work collaboratively with other Donor Engagement team members as well as EMF members to build strong donor experiences.
- Ensure all calls, events, stewardship contacts, and information gathered in those activities is recorded in the donor’s data record.
- Participate actively in Staff Meetings, Summits and Retreat
- Adhere to guidelines and administrative procedures including submitting expense reimbursements, invoices, and contact report.
- Such other duties as required to advance the mission of EMF.
To be considered, you will be…
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, confident in yourself, polished and professional.
- Organized, detailed, strategic, open to learning and growing, working well with a team.
- Able to build sincere and authentic relationships with others.
- Able to exceed goals independently and contribute to team goals (we do NOT micromanage around here).
- Experienced in fundraising, philanthropy, donor relations, ministry or similar w/a B To C background.
For you to be successful, you will have…
- Solid background in donor development and fundraising experience that includes personal contacts with donors.
- High energy professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to and understand the goals, interests, and passions of major gift donors.
- Effective time and detail management with the ability to manage and complete several projects at the same time.
- Ability to work strategically, set priorities, define goals and outcomes, detail tactics, and achieve results.
- An individual who is energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong individual, foundation, and corporate ministry donor relationships.
- A commitment to accuracy, transparency, and accountability both internally and externally in conversations with donors and prospects, in marketing, and reporting.
- A passion for Christian ministry.
- Dedication to developing excellent relationships with others throughout the organization.
- The ability to attend events and donor meetings that may occur in the evenings and/or on weekends.
- Must pass a pre-employment background & reference check
- Must provide proof of legal authorization to work in the US
- EMF does not sponsor applicants for work visas