Our Chicago Events Team is responsible for promoting the ministry within the area. But they do so much more than represent the ministry at concerts & events. Majority of the work they do Mon - Fri, takes place "behind-the-scenes", but is absolutely necessary if we are to be successful in front of an audience. Responsibilities like researching possible events, calling on potential partners, winner communication & coordination, scheduling staff & volunteers for events, etc.
And then there's the actual "events" work... transporting all the equipment to the event setting it up & breaking it down afterwards. Coordinating booth volunteers, talking to people about the ministry, etc. It's pretty physical & often involves evenings & weekends.
As you can see, it's a pretty big job that is more complex than people realize. But it can also be so rewarding. Knowing that you're playing a part in bringing people closer to Jesus is so amazing.
If you think you have what it takes, read on to see what we're looking for in our ideal candidate!
Some of what you will be doing:
- 60% of your time will be spent in an administrative capacity vs 40% events, subject to change due to office strategy and seasons.
- Creativity is a big part of this role as you will be coming up with new ways to reach our audience on Instagram through event engagement and campaigns.
- Successfully execute administrative functions, winner communication, internal processes, prizing, and on-air content.
- Develop and build relationships within the community that result in promotional partnerships that align with and grow our target market.
- Participate in and evaluate local promotional events. Pro-actively stay informed of and participate in, community, church, and major city events. Strategically and creatively evaluate and plan participation for the strongest impact.
- Pro-actively suggest and create new and innovative ways to reach potential listeners and spotlight K-LOVE and Air 1. Examples of these would be event sponsorships, Christian concerts, community events, awareness walks/runs and local sporting events.
- Work with local promoters and ministries to promote events that are consistent with the format and audience for K-LOVE and Air 1. Look for ways to promote EMF stations at these events through displays, stage presence, and other creative options.
- Partner with Brand Managers ensuring consistency and integrity of brand communication and events that may have a national tie-in and/or involve national organizations (record companies, large ministries), etc.
- Help to schedule and staff all EMF booth activities. Develop a team of approved volunteers to partner in positively representing K-LOVE and Air 1 and assisting you with promotional activities at appropriate events and concerts. Ensure logistics of events are set up in terms of booth displays, bins of promotional items, ministry resources and enter to win opportunities.
- Collaborate with other EMF Regional Departments like Donor Engagement (DE). When appropriate, share potential promotional partner/donor information including details about discussions and relationships. When called upon, participate in DE events serving as local representation for DE in greeting and “caring for” major and principal donors at events such as concerts.
- Update “Concert/Event” page on EMF Websites. Educate listeners on how to enter the data directly onto the K-LOVE and/or Air1 websites.
- Requires some local travel in order to participate in local events.
Background and experience we're looking for:
- Experience working in an office, doing administrative and social media work.
- Understanding of radio promotional and marketing techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop sincere business/ministry relationships.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; confident, self-managed, eager, transparent.
- Solid computer skills - MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel), ability to learn new systems quickly.
- High level of attention to detail.
- And most importantly, you need to have a sincere passion & enthusiasm for the ministry of K-LOVE & Air1 and "get" what we are all about.
- BS/BA degree (or in progress) in marketing, broadcasting, mass communications, public relations, or equivalent.
- Bilingual a plus!
Great Benefits & Culture
This is a non-exempt position starting at $20/hour and we offer a rich benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous paid vacation, sick and holiday. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, free access to LinkedIn Learning platform, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.
Additional info about this position...
- When out at events, this is a very physical position. Our ETR's can be on their feet all for several hours and regularly lift and transport heavy booths & equipment. You must be able to meet this requirement.
- Must have a valid driver’s license & reliable transportation; background check will be conducted.
The office is located in Glen Ellyn, IL. Events are typically in Chicago, so you will travel. This position is ideally suited for those living in or around Glen Ellyn.
EMF is headquartered in Rocklin, CA.