If you are all about project management & are interested in cyber, FCC and/or compliance, then consider this part time, long term role with EMF Broadcasting.
This internship will be on our Information Security team, specifically working with our Governance Risk and Compliance Manager.
You need to live in the local area of Rocklin, CA.
Here's some of what you will be doing:
Assisting the Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) Manager in organizing, tracking, and commencing projects focused in the development and maintenance of a strong professional compliance program. This position requires a self-starter who loves the intersection of privacy and technology with strong organizational, interpersonal skills, and initiative to drive project tasks independently.
- Assist the GRC Manager in organizing, tracking, and commencing CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) compliance initiatives.
- Assist the GRC Manager in documenting current processes and flowcharts and helping to gather business requirements for future-state processes.
- Attend meetings with the GRC Manager and assist in documenting meeting notes and distributing action items and next steps.
- Assist the GRC Manager in developing, tracking, updating, and reporting on project status.
- Work with the Risk & Compliance team to develop reports for ministry leadership consumption as assigned.
- Assist in updating departmental and organizational documents as needed.
- Participate in team meetings and round table discussions.
- Support the GRC Manager with special projects and other duties as needed.
Here's some qualifications and experience we would like you to have to be considered:
- Must be enrolled in a college level degree program in Information Systems, Business, Project Management or Communications.
- Understanding of business processes and project management.
- Knowledge of privacy laws, (e.g. CCPA, GDPR etc.) is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of common software programs such as Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, and SharePoint.
- Requires well developed communication, business, and technical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Demonstrates ability to represent the ministry professionally and maintain confidentiality.
What will you gain from this internship?
Working side by side (virtually and in person) with our expert Security and Compliance team learning the ins and outs of a successful media organization in the Technology space.
This is a non-exempt, part-time (up to 29/hrs week), temporary (up to 1 year +) position starting at $18/hour.
Our culture is second to none! You will enjoy the ability to pray openly, have development opportunities, free access to LinkedIn Learning platform, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.