Our Accounting and Finance Team is second to none! 25 dedicated, motivated, very analytical and fun people who would love to add 1 more to their stellar team. Could that be you?
Although this is a part time role (up to 29 hours/week) the hope is to move into a full-time role later down the line. We are in Rocklin, CA and you need to live in the area as it will eventually be on-site.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Actively contributing to the ministry through processing mail, correspondences, scanning checks through remote deposit capture, working finance related data integrity reports and processing matching gifts. You will collaborate with the Donation Processing Team, a subgroup of the Finance department, in serving our listeners in account management.
- Contribute as a key member of the Donation Processing Team, not only in the processing of mail and listener information, but also in the demonstrated contribution of a positive and encouraging work environment through actions and words.
- Review, process and confirm information on finance related lockbox items for various donor requests to include inputting new pledges, adding additional information, making corrections, process merged or duplicate accounts, correct miscoded pledges, name corrections, and one-time gifts.
- Research, review and process EZ Gift images, along with certain hardcopy mail including, scanned checks, coupons, notes, and letters received with donation gifts. Process EZ Gift images using the FNNI system.
- Participate in Pledge Drive activities during Pledge Drive weeks to include phone shifts, data entry, pledge verification, and other duties as assigned. During Pledge Drives you may experience a variable shift due to phone shifts and increased data entry requirements. This time period is an “all-hands on deck”, so approved time off would need to be an exceptional circumstance.
- Partner with Listener Services Team Members and other EMF staff in anticipating and meeting the needs of our listeners. Participate in daily prayer times, communicate process improvement ideas to your supervisor, and proactively share pertinent listener information.
- Process Credit Card, EFT, Recurring, and one-time transactions for K-LOVE and Air 1, including auto and manual depositing.
- Research donor database regarding incoming calls in regard to Credit Card, EFT, Recurring, and one-time transactions.
Here's some background, experience and characteristics we are looking for:
- MUST have a desire to serve at a ministry knowing you are furthering the mission of K-LOVE/Air1/WTA.
- Be flexible, humble, ability to listen and be open to all opinions and established processes.
- Self-starter, self-managed, calm and easy-going.
- Systems friendly; know MS products especially Excel. We use a lot of different systems, so you need to pick up quickly.
- Focused with a sense of urgency in meeting deadlines; excellent attention to detail and exceptional follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment with confidential information.
- Ability to work as part of a high customer service, multi-task, fun, and performance oriented team using a high degree of initiative; and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with a keen eye for accuracy for day to day activities as well as in an environment that will become very busy during and after Pledge Drive weeks, and the ability to work with repetitive job duties.
- Knowledge of processing recurring payments through banking institutions via the Internet.
Benefits and Culture:
This is a non-exempt position starting at $19/hour. As a part time team member, we do offer vacation and sick time accruals. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, free access to LinkedIn Learning platform, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.