If you have excellent customer service skills working through various computer technical issues, detailed, and strong documentation experience, Educational Media Foundation may have the job for you!
We’re the largest Christian broadcasting network in the country with a growing set of media in Radio, podcasting, streaming, publishing, and live events. The word of Jesus speaks for itself, but we’re in a position where we partner with the message of Christ to bring hope to our growing listener base. You can view or mission and values at www.klove.com or https://www.klove.com/about-us/mission
Our Desktop Support Technician II provides support to end users on a variety of technical issues, responding to phone, e-mail and in-person requests for technical support. This position is responsible for documenting, tracking, and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution, in addition to identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems. The Desktop Support Technician II also maintains, upgrades and/or replaces computer hardware and software systems. Supported platforms include: Windows PCs, Apple Macs, Tablets and smart phones.
This opportunity is on-site in Franklin, TN
Here is some of what you will be doing:
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming calls, voice mails, emails and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other computer related issues.
- Interview users to collect information about their problem and lead user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for advanced user problems.
- Formally contribute to the team knowledge base by recording problem resolution and creating/maintaining training and installation documentation.
- Informally contribute to the team knowledge base through conversations and participation in team meetings and round table discussions.
- Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot and repair computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Follow up on completed help desk tickets to verify satisfactory resolution and customer service ratings.
- Log and track calls using problem management database and maintain history records and related problem documentation.
- Call software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Responsible for moving computer, phone, and peripheral equipment when employees’ cubicles/offices are reassigned
Technical skills to be successful:
- AA Degree in Information Systems, Business or Communications, or equivalent.
- Microsoft, CompTIA and Apple certifications desired (MCSE, Network+, ACSP).
- Minimum of 4 years of professional hands-on experience doing Windows and MAC configuration, deployment and administration.
- Experience troubleshooting and independently resolving moderately complex PC hardware and software problems.
- Must have the ability to multi-task activities such as documenting/updating/ troubleshooting notes and conversing on the phone.
- Solid understanding of Domains and interconnectivity technologies such as TCI/IP and DHCP.
- Ability to write business correspondence and knowledgebase articles. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers and users.
- Advanced knowledge of all MS Office applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
This is a non-exempt position which offers a hourly rate range of $24-26/hr. We offer a rich benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous paid vacation, sick and holiday. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.