Because of our interactions with listeners, our Audience Engagement team serves as an extension of what is happening on-air. We enhance the listener experience through our level of customer service, offering accurate and timely responses to their inquiries. As an Audience Engagement Associate (aka Customer Service Associate) you will be assisting callers and responding to social media (and other tasks as assigned).
The role of supporting and responding to listeners requires the ability to listen well, show empathy, effectively address the inquiry using conversational communication. We problem solve using ministry guidelines, balancing with creative solutions, improvisation, and discernment. It’s a high energy, fast-paced, fast-changing position because the volume and momentum are media and technology driven.
What you’ll be doing…
- Delivering outstanding service through written/verbal communication and effective follow-up. Communication channels include phones, social media, email correspondence, and text.
- Respond to social media. (Lots of social media!)
- Assist our donors with account updates, and listeners with questions through live phone calls. (Lots of calls!)
- And more!
Success for this position is based on understanding and portraying the EMF brands, knowing our listening audience and being personally passionate about our mission and values.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience working in a customer service environment.
- Prior experience as a receptionist, writing correspondence or in customer service a plus!
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to multi-task inbound/outbound calls and written correspondence with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Minimum keyboard speed of 45 WPM.
- Strong computer skills; with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), search engines, Social Media forums and smart devices.
- Understanding and knowledge of our ministry or Christian music is helpful.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and contribute to the team.
- Candidates currently in the Franklin, TN area preferred.
Shift Hours: Monday - Friday from 6am - 11:30am
Hourly Rate: $13.25/hr
What to expect when you apply...
- Upon applying you will receive a confirmation email. If you don't, check your junk mail folder.
- You will be contacted via email to inform you of your application status. So keep an eye on your email inbox (and junk mail folder).
- If selected to move forward in the process, you will be invited to complete an online assessment (computer usage and social media).
- If that goes well, you'll interview with the team.