This role is VERY different from that of an Associate Pastor at a Church. Our K-LOVE & Air1 Pastors provide biblical guidance and crisis intervention for our listeners. They provide biblical phone counseling, write content for our digital media platforms, respond to prayer requests, lead prayer times for our staff, and a lot more! Our Pastors also maintain scheduled office hours, plus participate in on-call rotations.
This is a Full-Time, on-site position based out of our Franklin, TN offices.
Office hours for this position:
Tuesday - Saturday from 2pm - 10:30pm CST
*with on-call rotation.
Here's what we're looking for...
- 6+ years of Pastoral Counseling and/or Chaplaincy experience, with extensive biblical counseling experience, being equipped to address suicide, child abuse, elder abuse, marriage and spiritual issues or any other problems associated with life and its experiences. CPE a plus.
- Experience walking people through life's challenges and bringing Biblical truths into their situation.
- Someone who is comfortable with a high volume of calls & emails. Who has excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- This is a phone & computer intensive role, so strong computer skills and the ability to multi-task in a windows environment is a must! Solid experience using Microsoft Office - (Outlook, Word, Excel). And a quick typing speed is helpful.
- Track record of continual learning and application of Biblical knowledge & counseling.
- Bilingual skills a plus!
- This is an ON-SITE position in our Franklin, TN office, so candidates currently within commute distance of the Franklin, TN area preferred.
- Alignment with our values is top priority. Do our values align with yours? Mission, Beliefs & Values.
Plus, all candidates MUST have both:
- Minimum of a Bachelors in the Ministerial or Counseling field
- Licensed and/or Ordained with a recognized Christian church or Christian denomination and have recognition from the State & IRS as a Pastor.
- Must pass a pre-employment background & reference check (providing both employment & ministry-related references)
- Must provide a copy of your License or Certification of Ordination
- Must provide a copy of your diploma
- Must provide proof of legal authorization to work in the United States
Great benefits! We offer a salary in the range of $64 - 69k (depending on exper), PLUS a rich benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision (voluntary), HSA, FSA, Life Insurance, Matching 401k , Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 3 weeks of vacation to start, sick time accrual, adoption reimbursement assistance, access to LinkedIn Learning for professional & personal growth, a Christ-focused and welcoming work environment & more!
NOTE: Unfortunately, this position does not allow for Pastoral Housing Allowance
Writing sample required: Please upload attachment or include a link to your writing sample. Samples can include a blog post, devotional, etc.
What to expect when you apply...
- Upon applying you will receive a confirmation email. If you don't, check your junk mail folder.
- Updates on your application status will be emailed to you. So keep an eye on your email inbox (and junk mail folder).
Christian jobs, church jobs, ministry jobs, prayer, chaplain,