Click column header to sort
If you like making an impact through the web and social media, we may have the job for you! We are the largest non-profit Christian Radio/Media Network in the country. Gotta love people, music & Christ.
There's a lot of cool things that we love about our culture, but one of the coolest things is that everyone here is on-fire for our mission. Our environment is casual yet passionate, ministry focused yet fun. We combine the best of both the ministry and music industries!
In our Digital Content Producer role, you will produce and publish the web pages for Educational Media Foundation (EMF). This includes editorial review of the content for quality assurance, search engine optimization (SEO), brand standard compliance and day-to-day administration and support. Success in this role depends on your attention to details and eagerness to explore new ways to optimize and create our digital content.
Imagine leading a Safety and Security team within a national broadcasting organization, which, by the way, is also a ministry. That’s one of the many factors that make EMF’s Safety and Security Manager role unique. You’ll lead a team responsible for maintaining the physical security of our facility, located in Rocklin, California. This role is also responsible for continually evolving the Safety program for our team members throughout the U.S. We have facilities at locations throughout the U.S. and in this role, you’ll lead the safety initiatives for all locations.
If you’re intrigued and want to share your passion for safety and security in a ministry environment, you’ll fit right in. You’ll be someone who leads by influence, you cultivate buy-in to Safety and Security programs that you innovate and mold to meet our unique environment. A bulldozer approach won’t work in this role, you need to be patient and work with others to accomplish your goals, which sometimes take time. You’ll know the initiatives you need to push and which you can let go. You will bring your excellent project management experience, excel at communicating processes and procedures, jumping in to do the training yourself where needed. In a nutshell, you lead an elite team that keep our team members and our facilities safe, compliant and healthy.
This is an on-site role at Rocklin, CA, however, during the next 6 months will be a hybrid of on-site and remote.
Do you dream in HTML or in digital-marketing campaigns? Does the word eblast send shivers down your spine; whereas words like segmentation and nurture strategies send you to a place of serenity? When you find yourself in a spreadsheet, are formulas and pivot tables your friendly companions? And when faced with the challenge of communicating a mission, do you know just what to say in 100 words or less? If you said yes to all of the above, you are a rare bird, and you could play a major role at EMF as our Email Campaign Content Specialist.
The Email Campaign Content Specialist:
- visualizes a dynamic email campaign, e.g. is a “blue sky” thinker, determining missing gaps, and developing solutions for a fluid end-user experience.
- Writes content from a Subject Matter Expert voice for email touch points of our known audience types in an email campaign. i.e.; landing page, form, confirmation message, confirmation email, follow up email, etc., using clear, engaging, and persuasive language.
- Can tell a compelling, complete, and concise story using the subject line, preview text, and header of an email.
- Suggests content tests to gain insights on each audience persona and various calls to action.
- Reviews all emails, email landing pages, and email collection points for spelling, grammar, and user-experience.
- Ensures that content supports the EMF mission and core values, adheres to the K-LOVE and/or Air1 brand identity, and uses search engine optimization and search engine marketing tactics to optimize impact and online reach.
- Initiates and executes creative opportunities to further promote the brands.
- Uses consistent naming conventions and file structures.
- Seeks non-profit and music entertainment email marketing best-practices to support campaigns of stakeholders across the ministry, including Programming Directors, Donor Engagement, Pastoral Care, and Digital Content Managers.
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- 2-5 years’ experience in email marketing. Non-profit experience desired but not required.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Marketing Automation, Segmentation, with understanding of can-SPAM compliance, GDPR and managing multiple brands, QA and testing, and troubleshooting.
- HTML experience required with ability to read/edit/fix HTML 5.0
- Experience in email marketing platforms such as Pardot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, Marketo, eTrigue, mailchimp, Constant Contact.
- Understands critical email content best-practices.
- Experience in Sitecore, WordPress, or other CMS desired.
- Experience creating editorial content, including editing, quality assurance and proofreading, with demonstrated ability to compose using different writing styles.
- Understands keyword strategy and uses effectively in email campaigns.
- Creative, resourceful and possesses initiative with solid digital marketing background.
- Experience with copywriting, formatting and distributing for the web and email.
- Possesses strong communication skills, including excellent grammatical and editing skills.
- Ability to synthesize information from different sources into presentable content.
- Attention to detail and solid organization skills.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity while managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner.
- Possesses a positive attitude and willingness to jump in and learn new things in a fast-paced environment.
- Video and audio production and basic graphics design are desired but not required.
Great Benefits & Culture
This is an exempt position which offers a rich compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous paid vacation, sick and holiday. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, free access to LinkedIn Learning platform, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.
We are open to long-term remote with occasional travel to HQ (Rocklin, CA).
Air 1 is looking for our next on-air personality
Our team of experienced On-Air Talent serves as the “voice” of Air1.
In this role, you will personally connect with our listeners in a positive and creative way, bringing to life EMF’s mission and vision to our audience. You will enthusiastically communicate original and creative material that develops a positive rapport with our audience and provides a compelling reason to listen. In addition, you will develop “relationships” with our audience and the community through music, inspiring stories, and “who they are” on and off air, resulting in increased listenership and commitment of our listeners.
This opportunity is for a proven professional who lives a Christian lifestyle, LOVES worship, is passionate about the radio industry and understands how to connect with their audience.
A little about Air1:
Air1 is a worship based format that reaches 43 states, with nearly 400 FM stations from California to Maine, including major markets in New York City, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Nashville, Philadelphia, San Diego and more. Headquartered in Rocklin, CA, we impact an estimated 4.5 million listeners per week
The K-LOVE & Air1 Pastors provide biblical guidance and crisis intervention for our listeners. They provide biblical phone counseling, write articles for our digital media platforms, respond to prayer requests, lead prayer times for our staff, and a lot more! Our Pastors also maintain scheduled office hours, plus participate in on-call rotations, and assume the responsibilities of the On-Call Pastor during those assigned periods.
This is aFull-Time, on-site position based out of our headquarters in Rocklin, CA.
Office hours for this position:
Looking for someone with flexible work hours. The Pastoral Care Area is open 7 days a week from 4am-10pm. You may work an early morning shift, mid evening and weekends. You will work 40 hours a week and will be given a set schedule upon hire. There is an on-call rotation for holidays.
NOTE: Unfortunately, this position does not allow for Pastoral Housing Allowance
Our Accounting and Finance Team is second to none! 25 dedicated, motivated, very analytical and fun people who would love to add 1 more to their stellar team. Could that be you?
Although this is a part time role (up to 29 hours/week) the hope is to move into a full-time role later down the line. We are in Rocklin, CA and you need to live in the area as it will eventually be on-site.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Actively contributing to the ministry through processing mail, correspondences, scanning checks through remote deposit capture, working finance related data integrity reports and processing matching gifts. You will collaborate with the Donation Processing Team, a subgroup of the Finance department, in serving our listeners in account management.
- Contribute as a key member of the Donation Processing Team, not only in the processing of mail and listener information, but also in the demonstrated contribution of a positive and encouraging work environment through actions and words.
- Review, process and confirm information on finance related lockbox items for various donor requests to include inputting new pledges, adding additional information, making corrections, process merged or duplicate accounts, correct miscoded pledges, name corrections, and one-time gifts.
- Research, review and process EZ Gift images, along with certain hardcopy mail including, scanned checks, coupons, notes, and letters received with donation gifts. Process EZ Gift images using the FNNI system.
- Participate in Pledge Drive activities during Pledge Drive weeks to include phone shifts, data entry, pledge verification, and other duties as assigned. During Pledge Drives you may experience a variable shift due to phone shifts and increased data entry requirements. This time period is an “all-hands on deck”, so approved time off would need to be an exceptional circumstance.
- Partner with Listener Services Team Members and other EMF staff in anticipating and meeting the needs of our listeners. Participate in daily prayer times, communicate process improvement ideas to your supervisor, and proactively share pertinent listener information.
- Process Credit Card, EFT, Recurring, and one-time transactions for K-LOVE and Air 1, including auto and manual depositing.
- Research donor database regarding incoming calls in regard to Credit Card, EFT, Recurring, and one-time transactions.
Here's some background, experience and characteristics we are looking for:
- MUST have a desire to serve at a ministry knowing you are furthering the mission of K-LOVE/Air1/WTA.
- Be flexible, humble, ability to listen and be open to all opinions and established processes.
- Self-starter, self-managed, calm and easy-going.
- Systems friendly; know MS products especially Excel. We use a lot of different systems, so you need to pick up quickly.
- Focused with a sense of urgency in meeting deadlines; excellent attention to detail and exceptional follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment with confidential information.
- Ability to work as part of a high customer service, multi-task, fun, and performance oriented team using a high degree of initiative; and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with a keen eye for accuracy for day to day activities as well as in an environment that will become very busy during and after Pledge Drive weeks, and the ability to work with repetitive job duties.
- Knowledge of processing recurring payments through banking institutions via the Internet.
Benefits and Culture:
This is a non-exempt position starting at $19/hour. As a part time team member, we do offer vacation and sick time accruals. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, free access to LinkedIn Learning platform, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.
Are you currently in your 3rd or 4th year in college earning a degree in Project Management? Or perhaps you've graduated with your Bachelors and now pursuing a Masters.
Do you live or go to school in the local Rocklin, CA area? This role is on-site 2 days/week, remote 3 days.
Then please consider our opportunity at K-LOVE/Air1/WTA, the largest non-profit Christian media organization in the country.
This internship will be on our Information Security team, specifically working with our Governance Risk and Compliance Manager.
You need to live in the local area of Rocklin, CA.
Here's some of what you will be doing:
Assisting the Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) Manager in organizing, tracking, and commencing projects focused in the development and maintenance of a strong professional compliance program. This position requires a self-starter who loves the intersection of privacy and technology with strong organizational, interpersonal skills, and initiative to drive project tasks independently.
- Assist the GRC Manager in organizing, tracking, and commencing CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) compliance initiatives.
- Assist the GRC Manager in documenting current processes and flowcharts and helping to gather business requirements for future-state processes.
- Attend meetings with the GRC Manager and assist in documenting meeting notes and distributing action items and next steps.
- Assist the GRC Manager in developing, tracking, updating, and reporting on project status.
- Work with the Risk & Compliance team to develop reports for ministry leadership consumption as assigned.
- Assist in updating departmental and organizational documents as needed.
- Participate in team meetings and round table discussions.
- Support the GRC Manager with special projects and other duties as needed.
Here's some qualifications and experience we would like you to have to be considered:
- Must be enrolled in a college level degree program in Information Systems, Business, or Communications.
Understanding of business processes and project management.
- Knowledge of privacy laws, (e.g. CCPA, GDPR etc.) is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of common software programs such as Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, and SharePoint.
- Requires well developed communication, business, and technical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Demonstrates ability to represent the ministry professionally and maintain confidentiality.
What will you gain from this internship?
Working side by side (virtually and in person) with our expert Security and Compliance team learning the ins and outs of a successful media organization in the Technology space.
This is a non-exempt, part-time (up to 29/hrs week), temporary (up to 1 year +) position starting at 18-$20/hour.
Our culture is second to none! You will enjoy the ability to pray openly, have development opportunities, free access to LinkedIn Learning platform, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.
Our Chicago Events Team is responsible for promoting the ministry within the area. But they do so much more than represent the ministry at concerts & events. Majority of the work they do Mon - Fri, takes place "behind-the-scenes", but is absolutely necessary if we are to be successful in front of an audience. Responsibilities like researching possible events, calling on potential partners, winner communication & coordination, scheduling staff & volunteers for events, etc.
And then there's the actual "events" work... transporting all the equipment to the event setting it up & breaking it down afterwards. Coordinating booth volunteers, talking to people about the ministry, etc. It's pretty physical & often involves evenings & weekends.
As you can see, it's a pretty big job that is more complex than people realize. But it can also be so rewarding. Knowing that you're playing a part in bringing people closer to Jesus is so amazing.
If you think you have what it takes, read on to see what we're looking for in our ideal candidate!
Some of what you will be doing:
- 60% of your time will be spent in an administrative capacity vs 40% events, subject to change due to office strategy and seasons.
- Creativity is a big part of this role as you will be coming up with new ways to reach our audience on Instagram through event engagement and campaigns.
- Successfully execute administrative functions, winner communication, internal processes, prizing, and on-air content.
- Develop and build relationships within the community that result in promotional partnerships that align with and grow our target market.
- Participate in and evaluate local promotional events. Pro-actively stay informed of and participate in, community, church, and major city events. Strategically and creatively evaluate and plan participation for the strongest impact.
- Pro-actively suggest and create new and innovative ways to reach potential listeners and spotlight K-LOVE and Air 1. Examples of these would be event sponsorships, Christian concerts, community events, awareness walks/runs and local sporting events.
- Work with local promoters and ministries to promote events that are consistent with the format and audience for K-LOVE and Air 1. Look for ways to promote EMF stations at these events through displays, stage presence, and other creative options.
- Partner with Brand Managers ensuring consistency and integrity of brand communication and events that may have a national tie-in and/or involve national organizations (record companies, large ministries), etc.
- Help to schedule and staff all EMF booth activities. Develop a team of approved volunteers to partner in positively representing K-LOVE and Air 1 and assisting you with promotional activities at appropriate events and concerts. Ensure logistics of events are set up in terms of booth displays, bins of promotional items, ministry resources and enter to win opportunities.
- Collaborate with other EMF Regional Departments like Donor Engagement (DE). When appropriate, share potential promotional partner/donor information including details about discussions and relationships. When called upon, participate in DE events serving as local representation for DE in greeting and “caring for” major and principal donors at events such as concerts.
- Update “Concert/Event” page on EMF Websites. Educate listeners on how to enter the data directly onto the K-LOVE and/or Air1 websites.
- Requires some local travel in order to participate in local events.
Background and experience we're looking for:
- Experience working in an office, doing administrative and social media work.
- Understanding of radio promotional and marketing techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop sincere business/ministry relationships.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; confident, self-managed, eager, transparent.
- Solid computer skills - MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel), ability to learn new systems quickly.
- High level of attention to detail.
- And most importantly, you need to have a sincere passion & enthusiasm for the ministry of K-LOVE & Air1 and "get" what we are all about.
- BS/BA degree (or in progress) in marketing, broadcasting, mass communications, public relations, or equivalent.
- Bilingual a plus!
Great Benefits & Culture
This is a non-exempt position starting at $20/hour and we offer a rich benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous paid vacation, sick and holiday. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, free access to LinkedIn Learning platform, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.
Additional info about this position...
- When out at events, this is a very physical position. Our ETR's can be on their feet all for several hours and regularly lift and transport heavy booths & equipment. You must be able to meet this requirement.
- Must have a valid driver’s license & reliable transportation; background check will be conducted.
The office is located in Glen Ellyn, IL. Events are typically in Chicago, so you will travel. This position is ideally suited for those living in or around Glen Ellyn.
EMF is headquartered in Rocklin, CA.